Our team is our strength
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package but, more than that, we offer a friendly, progressive and thriving place to build your career.
We can provide:
• A choice between a London or St Albans location, or flexible working across both offices
• A competitive benefits package
• A long term career with opportunities for internal promotion
• Investment in learning and development
• A busy calendar of staff social events
• A strong corporate social responsibility ethos
• Regular staff benefits and well-being initiatives
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
AGENCIES: If we are recruiting for a particular vacancy, we will notify our preferred recruitment consultants. Please do not send CVs to us “on spec”. Any CVs received from agents without prior invitation will not be accepted as introductions in accordance with any terms of business that may be sent to us
Sherrards offers an alternative to the treadmill that is life in a City firm. We work with great clients on challenging and interesting work, and can provide a genuine work/life balance without having to sacrifice career aspirations. We offer clear career paths and developmental opportunities, working closely with the team in London and with the benefit of being based in our spacious offices in St Albans. Situated right next to the train station, the offices are ideally placed for people who live in Hertfordshire and North London, who are tired of the London treadmill and want to regain some balance to their lives without losing quality of work.
Please see all current vacancies below. Please email Joanne Perry for more information.
Company/ Commercial Lawyer- St Albans
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic solicitors to join our expanding corporate commercial team, based primarily in our St Albans office. Working directly for the lead partner in the team, Leigh Head, the role involves general commercial work as well as corporate/M&A deals. The team boasts an enviable client base, working for a range of clients of different sizes and sectors. Excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a close knit, supportive team, and to learn from the very best. The successful candidates will have general experience of both corporate and commercial work, in private practice (or exceptional in house experience). You will need between 3-8 year’s PQE, and strong training/experience from a boutique or medium-sized firm. The ability to cope in a fast-paced and pressured environment, whilst maintaining a calm façade for clients, is vital, together with strong drafting skills and a sense of humour!
CVS FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED FROM OUR PREFERRED SUPPLIERS. UNSOLICITED CVS WILL NOT AMOUNT TO AN INTRODUCTION OF THAT CANDIDATE AND WE SHALL ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY POTENTIAL FEES/COMMISSION.
PQE RANGES ARE GIVEN BY WAY OF GUIDANCE ONLY. APPLICATIONS FROM ALL LEVELS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE GIVEN APPROPRIATE WEIGHTING.
Sherrards recognises the importance of those roles which support its fee earners, and values its business services staff equally to its lawyers. With offices in both St Albans and London, with many business services roles covering both locations, you can have the “best of both worlds”. We are currently recruiting for a:
You will support and assist the marketing manager in various projects and campaigns.
You will have to work on multiple projects at the same time, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy.
You must be organised, creative, analytical and pay attention to detail. These skills are critical to ensure the smooth running and coordination of the department’s activities.
Your role will consist of working on a variety of projects and you will also have responsibility for certain imperative duties, such as:
- You will assist with the collation of information for promotional literature, tenders, pitches and website.
- You will liaise with suppliers – you will work towards being the main point of contact for the marketing team.
- You will undertake all event administration – You will be responsible for managing the bookings and all admin duties that come with event planning & post event follow-up.
- You will assist the marketing manager with website administration, such as building new pages, collating information & communicating with the fee earners to create new pages.
- You will be responsible for keeping stock levels of merchandise and branded items.
- You will be responsible for the upkeep and cleansing of the firm’s data. You will be a GDPR and IntroHive champion and make sure all data is kept safely, securely and is correct.
- You will be good with numbers and be able to update databases and spreadsheets with statistical information relating to event planning and all things digital.
Carry out other related tasks as required.
- A good understanding of office management and administration
- Brilliant organisation and a well-organised approach to all things
- A can- do attitude
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Exquisite communication and people skills
Interested individuals should contact:
Tracy Mehmettracy.email@example.com 01727 832830 (St Albans) or 020 7478 9010 (London)
Strictly NO Agencies
Sherrards recognises the value in organic growth, through recruitment and development of its trainees.
Thank you for your interest, however our intake for 2018/19 is currently full.
Over the next few years, Sherrards aims to significantly grow, both organically and through strategic lateral hires. Sherrards offers an alternative to the treadmill that is life in a City firm.
We are always interested in hearing from high calibre lawyers who are looking to move and develop their practise in a firm that can offer flexibility, autonomy, support and collaboration. Please send your CV with a covering note to Joanne Perry.