- Authentication and certification of documents and business transactions
- Evidence of name, marital status or qualifications
- Drafting and notarising powers of attorney
- Taking statements, affidavits, oaths and declarations for use abroad
- Certifying translations
- Apostille and legalisation service
- Providing certificates of incorporation, memorandum and Articles of Association
- Assignments or registration of trade marks
- Property transactions, transfers, purchases, sales, gifts etc
Notary Public Services
Sherrards is one of only a small number of London law firms providing notary public (notarial) services and offers competitively-priced, comprehensive assistance to both corporate and private clients. Jean-Paul da Costa, who heads the team, is the only Notary Public in England who is also a qualified Barrister and Solicitor.
A Notary Public can authenticate and witness documents throughout the world. A Notary’s signature and seal verifies to the authorities of another country that the documents have been properly executed and all relevant checks carried out.
For business clients, you may be trading with foreign countries, setting up a business abroad, buying or selling property or perhaps bringing or defending a court case in another country.
As a private individual, you may be buying or selling a property abroad, getting married or working abroad or emigrating; you could be in receipt of a foreign pension or involved with foreign litigation.
We can liaise with lawyers overseas and Foreign and Commonwealth offices, embassies and consulates and also work with top translators for all major languages. We can also arrange legalisation or Apostilles.
Meet the team
To view many of our on-line documents you’ll need to install a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. This is a FREE install.
Please contact your IT administrator, or click on the Acrobat icon and follow the on-screen instructions.