- Letters of Intent, Memorandum of Understanding and Heads of Terms
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating all forms of commercial contracts
- Tender documentation
- Novation agreements
- Service level agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Joint ventures, subcontracting and collaborations
- Shareholder and investment agreements
- Manufacturing and licensing agreements
- Confidentiality and exclusivity agreements
- Management and operating contracts
- Supply and distribution contracts
- Guarantees and security documentation
- Import and export contracts and international trade
- Contractual disputes, mediation and arbitration
- Advising on director, shareholder and investor conflicts
- Employment law
Company Commercial Lawyers
Businesses require legal support at various stages in their life cycle. Your needs could be relatively straightforward, such as the creation of a new limited company, or more complex, perhaps involving a merger, acquisition, disposal, a detailed contractual agreement or even a cross border matter. Employment law advice is also available from our experienced team.
Led by Jean Paul da Costa, our commercial law team in St Albans and London specialises in serving small to medium sized organisations and particuarly the owner managed business sector. We have significant experience in sectors that include, but are not limited to retail, franchising, recruitment, property development and construction, food and drink, media and entertainment, education, transport, and charities.
Our solicitors and legal professionals place great emphasis on identifying clients' specific needs from the outset, thereafter operating as a close business advisor and extension of their management team.
Support is delivered by commercial lawyers who have a well-earned reputation for being approachable, available and dedicated to supporting the wider strategic needs of clients.
Our commercial law team has grown significantly in recent years. That growth has been achieved through a commitment to client care and creating a distinctive, attractive working style. We foster a culture of achievement and success that is infectious and complements the positive approach of our client base.
The Chambers UK 2015 legal guide says that the team is 'noted for expertise in advising media and IT clients, though demonstrates capabilities in a range of fields. Recent activity includes advice on M&A, share issue and regulatory matters.' The guide also comments that clients appreciate the team's ‘excellent service’ and ‘personal touch’.
Meet the team
To view many of our on-line documents you’ll need to install a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. This is a FREE install.
Please contact your IT administrator, or click on the Acrobat icon and follow the on-screen instructions.